Creative ways to use your Reiki pendulum:
- Hold your Reiki pendulum over each piece of fruit at the store (or better yet, the Farmer’s Market!) to figure out the best one in the bunch. (Hold your pendulum over each one until you receive a YES.
- Hold your pendulum over each day in a calendar until you receive a YES to figure out the best day to do something, like schedule a Reiki session or give or receive an attunement.
- Ask your pendulum a series of questions to figure out who you were (or will be) in other lives and what your most important issues are that you are working on in this lifetime.
- Learn which areas of your home (or body, aka home of your soul) need extra attention and care.
Tips When Using Your Pendulum
- Some pendulum users like to hold the hand not holding the pendulum one inch below the pendulum, palm facing up. This opens up the Reiki energy in that hand, and creates a biofeedback loop of energy that allows the Reiki and information to flow more easily.
- If you can’t feel any Reiki flowing from your open palm, open and close your hand a couple times to activate your hand chakras. (Yes, although we tend to focus on the seven main chakras centers in the body, they are chakras all over! Hands, feet, between the knees, diaphragm, etc. ) After all, another name for Reiki energy is ‘hands-on-healing’!
- Be sure to clear your Reiki pendulum between questions so it it ready to provide you with the next answer. You can do this by touching the tip of your pendulum to your hand or the table, or also using the Reiki Safe Clearing Symbol or charging it up with the Power Symbol for a fresh restart.
And, because I just don’t feel right not adding in a way to use your pendulum during Reiki treatments, here is one more way to use your Reiki pendulum on clients:
Since most pendulums have a pointed tip, there are excellent for really focusing the energy.
Let’s say your client is having earaches. You can hold your Reiki pendulum directly over one of his ear chakras (which we all have, by the way. How else would we hear messages from Spirit and our ancestors?).
Intend for the healing Reiki energy to come through your hands, out the pendulum and into his ear to provide an extremely fine-tuned and direct stream of Reiki energy directly where he needs it most.
In a bonus section of my Reiki II online video training class, you receive a Reiki pendulum in the mail (you choose either a amethyst or rose quartz pendulum.) You also learn how to program and use your Reiki pendulum in much more detail.
Good luck using your Reiki pendulum!
Finally i built up the guts to quit my day job and give Reiki sessions. I asked my pendulum and I kept getting the answer yes. You should try it too!
Thanks so much for sharing your story Nelle. That is so wonderful that you went with your intuition and trusted yourself enough to make a major life change like that. Our soul will never steer us wrong, right? Good for you! We wish you the absolute best of luck in your new Reiki practice. Go get ’em!
I love your writing style and am enjoying this site immensely.
I’ve created a monster! Use my pendulum all the time now.
A wise woman in Thailand once told me, “Just because.” when I asked her the meaning of life. I take that with me everywhere I go, and because of that, I think having a pendulum is a brilliant idea. If nothing really matters anyway and we are just here to have fun, why spend time deciding on things that don’t matter?
Thanks for this post. I don’t know any Reiki masters who use pendulums, but I do use a pendulum for everyday activities. I am excited to try it in on my Reiki clients. My friends recommended your site. A lot of great information on Reiki classes.
Thank you, Freddie. Though we don’t use pendulums in all our Reiki sessions, they can really come in handy if you feel stumped during a Reiki session or as a starting point for the session to assess the health of each chakra. We highly recommend trying your Reiki pendulum and seeing if it works for you!
This is an awesome site…great work. You are such an amazing healers, teachers, Angels, & most of all sisters! You are full of wisdom, compassion and love, true masters at Reiki healing. Your teachings are a blessing to me and my family, especially my tiny tots!! Thank you, thank you!!!!
Awwww, thank you for such kind words, Wendy. You were a joy to have in online Reiki classes, and you comment means so much to us. Hope you are doing well over there in Chicago!
I was reading through some of your posts on this site and I think your way of explaining Reiki is very instructive! Keep writing.
Thanks Laura! We’re not going anywhere when it comes to disseminating valuable information and insight about the healing Reiki energy…
hi i found your blog today and can’t stop reading. i want to thank you for posting about Reiki so we all can learn about it!
Good Gerri, I’m so glad. At some point you will want to stop reading and learning about Reiki and get out there and become a Reiki practitioner if you are not already, but there is so much value in gaining a solid understanding of the powerful, magical energy beforehand. Read away!